Tuesday, March 30, 2010

American Idol Season 9

American Idol
FOX, 8pm eastern Tuesdays & Wednesdays 8pm eastern, Results Thursdays 9pm
***3 Stars**

It's just not good this year. The contestants are just ok. Nothing mind blowing. Siobhan is the only interesting thing about the show and I am not even sure if she is that great of a singer or if she just has an outrageous voice. The mentors they are having on are laughable. Miley Cyrus? Explain to me how she is a mentor. Isn't she 12 or something? Does she even have her license yet? This week the mentor is Usher. At least he's talented, but still not at a level that I would call a mentor.

The only thing worth watching is to see how everyone is dressed. Usually it's the hairstyles that are amusing. Siobhan's short hairstyle can apparently be worked into a million different contortions including a mohawk. The judges are the best. Randy sports Mr. Belvidere cardigans every other week, Ellen dresses like a 13 year old boy, Kara wears more glitter than Mariah Carey, and I think I am starting to see Simon's left nipple at this point.

Regardless of how terrible it is, I feel compelled to watch. Still not as emotionally involved as in other seasons. I hate to admit this...but I miss Paula. I could go for a drug induced, slurry, commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment